Girls on the Run of Eau Claire County is proud and excited to announce that we are expanding into Chippewa County. To fit the growth of this chapter, we will be changing our name as well to Girls on the Run of the Chippewa Valley. As the GOTR vision states "We envision a world where ever girl knows and activates her limitless potential and is free to boldly pursue her dreams." We will be able to further accomplish this vision through the extension, and we look forward to reaching, serving, and empowering more girls in both Eau Claire and Chippewa County.
Girls on the Run of the Chippewa Valley
Girls on the Run is a transformational physical activity based positive youth development program for girls in 3rd-5th grade. We teach life skills through dynamic interactive lessons and running games. The program culminates with the girls being physically and emotionally prepared to complete a celebratory 5k running event. The goal of the program is to unleash confidence through accomplishment while establishing a lifetime appreciation of health and fitness.
We use the power of running to provide girls with the tools to:
- Recognize our power and responsibility to be intentional in our decision making
- Embrace our differences and find strength in our connectedness
- Express joy, optimism and gratitude through our words, thoughts and actions
- Nurture our physical, emotional and spiritual health
- Lead with an open heart and assume positive intent
- Stand up for ourselves and others
We use exercise, positive reinforcement, and encouraging role models to help girls discover the confidence they need in those critical pre-teen years and beyond. Through interactive activities such as running, playing games, and discussing important issues, participants learn how to celebrate being their unique and real selves. Our hope is that every girl believes and can say, "I belong just the way I am."
Learn More About GOTR
How You Can Help Support GOTR of the Chippewa Valley
Girls on the Run of the Chippewa Valley, Inc., is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization. Your contribution is tax deductible to the extent allowable by federal law, and will help us provide our program to every girl, regardless of income.
- By Your Donations
- Make a tax-deductible donation online today!
- By Shopping Online
- Running is a powerful tool, one that we use to help young girls learn life skills. Shopping is another powerful tool, one that thanks to Goodshop.com you can use to raise money for our organization just by shopping for your favorite items online! You will have access to thousands of coupons and promotions, all while Goodshop donates to Girls on the Run up to 20% of what you spend. Buy anything you want, including custom phone cases from Vistaprint, maternity clothing from Old Navy and outdoor furniture from Pottery Barn. The moment yousign up and choose Girls on the Run of the Chippewa Valley as your cause, you will enjoy shopping, saving, and giving, so start today! Learn more about Goodshop...
Amazon will donate 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to Girls On The Run of the Chippewa Valley whenever you shop on AmazonSmile.
- By Searching the Web
- GoodSearch will donate money to Girls On The Run of the Chippewa Valley every time you search the internet! Learn more about GoodSearch...
- By Joining SoleMates
- Join SoleMates, the adult charity running program of Girls on the Run! Joining SoleMates is a great way for you to make a difference for Girls on the Run of the Chippewa Valley. You can walk, run, or bike in any event of your choice and raise funds for our organization. With your support, the message of health and wellness that Girls on the Run brings will continue to spread and grow. Learn more about SoleMates...
Special Thanks To Our Grant Donors
Latest Facebook Posts
|Look for GOTR in this weeks Gordy's add! Adding sites until Sept. 21st! Get your application in if you would like GOTR in your area! Thank you Gordy's for being our 2016 5K Presenting Sponsor! Super excited for May 14th - GOTR 5K!|
|GROUPON + GOTR = Support for local GOTR Groupon Wellness Week to Benefit Girls on the Run We are excited to announce that Girls on the Run will be the beneficiary of Groupon’s Wellness Week from August 27 – September 2. Groupon will donate $0.25 from every Wellness Week offer purchased, up to $25,000. Groupon will provide HQ with a list of offers and purchases by zip code, and councils will receive half the funds raised in their area|
|Thank you Channel 18! Look for our interview from this morning at 6am! http://www.wqow.com/story/29837890/girls-on-the-run-expands-to-chippewa-valley or http://www.wqow.com/category/173772/daybreak|
|Girls on the Run of the Chippewa Valley added 2 new photos.|
Nationally, Girls on the Run (GOTR) is celebrating its 20th year this season, and as a local chapter, we are celebrating our 10th year! As a part of expanding and reaching as many girls as possible, the Girls on the Run Eau Claire chapter is proud and excited to announce that we will be expanding into the Chippewa County. To fit the growth of this chapter, we will be changing our name as well to Girls on the Run of the Chippewa Valley. As the GOTR vision states, “We envision a world where every girl knows and activates her limitless potential and is free to boldly pursue her dreams.” We will be able to further accomplish this vision through the extension, and we look forward to reaching, serving, and empowering more girls in both Eau Claire and Chippewa County. To apply to be a new site look on our website at www.gotrchippewavalley.org
|The Rock n' Run Half Marathon individual and Relay, 5K run/walk, and Grand Avenue Kids Fun Run will be held on Saturday, September 12th. Runners and walkers will enjoy a downtown, river, and park-oriented 5K loop to the sounds of live bands with a post-race party outside the Court 'N House. Participants are encouraged to dress up as their favorite musician - Like Elvis, The Beatles, Kiss, 80's Bands, Cher, Madonna, Lady Gaga, etc... All proceeds go to the Chippewa Valley Theatre Guild and stay local. For more information please visit ecrocknrun.com|
|Keep Amazon Smile in mind when you do your back to school shopping! When you shop at AmazonSmile, Amazon donates 0.5% of the purchase price to Girl on the Run of the Chippewa Valley. Bookmark the link http://smile.amazon.com/ch/20-4719202 and support us every time you shop.|
|Thought for the day.... When in doubt, plug in the positive chord!!|
|Soles with soul support Girls on the Run! @Vibram is donating 5% of the purchase price on all Vibram-soled footwear to Girls on the Run. Shop at Scheels through the end of the year!|
|Girls on the Run of the Chippewa Valley added 7 new photos.|
GRATITUDE... Is my word for the Day... I am grateful for the AMAZING Board of Directors GOTR of the Chippewa Valley has! These are just a few photos of some of them. I want to send a thank you out to all of them... Heather Yates, Gretchen Oster, Megan Melville, Kerry Burnside, Julie Felske, Lisa Pomazal, Rachel Woratschka, Regan Heafy, Alex Butterbrodt. Welcome new Board Members: Teri-Gene Conlin, Shawna Bresina! For your hours of dedication, time and commitment, smiles, laughs and so much more to make GOTR what it is today!
|Girls on the Run would like to send a shout out to Scheels of Eau Claire! They have been selected by Girls on the Run International as a top finalist for the REMARKABLE AWARD, recognized as one Running Footwear Specialty Retailers of the Year! Thank you Scheel's for working with us and the Eau Claire Marathon, and Ebay this past spring, to make our "If the Shoe Fits... Run" program a success! We appreciate your support! Also, Head over to Scheel's today to support Girls on the Run! @Vibram, GOTR's national sponsor will donate 5% of the purchase price of any Vibram-soled footwear to Girls on the Run. Be sure to shop soon to participate.|
|GOTR is gearing up for it's 10th YEAR in the Eau Claire area and now also Chippewa County! We are super excited to be part of this great community! Want to start a new site! Apply online at gotreauclaire.org!|
|Girls on the run has a great project was accepted by one of the Eau Claire Chamber's Youth Leadership groups! Cannot wait to work with the group of outstanding youth from the Eau Claire Community! Thank you Eau Claire Chamber!|
|Crazy Council Director spotted in Tennessee! Nashville thank you for the great time! GOTR gear in tow! Where is your GOTR gear going this summer? Join us in posting and sharing where you are going this summer! Take your GOTR gear and tag us on #gotrsummer or #gotrcvsummer! Can't wait to see where you go!|
|Girls on the Run is excited to announce our 5K presenting sponsor for the 2016 5K! Gordy's Market! They will also be supporting GOTR, with healthy snack options through the season! We are very appreciative of their support of GOTR! Thank you Gordy's!!|
|Girls on the Run of the Chippewa Valley added 3 new photos.|
Each Girl unique, each girl has a voice and a star to shine inside of them. GOTR wants them to know they CAN shine! Keep your inner star shining girls!
|STARPOWER!! That is the power that is inside you! GOTR rocks the STARPOWER!|
|Great help this past week! Tearing down last years totes... Getting ready for next years program! Thank you volunteers!!! If you are interested in a starting a site! Check out our website at gotreauclaire.org!|
|I wanted to share a quote from a mom with girls in the program. " GOTR ....It's not about running... but so more... so many topics that help girls... better than therapy" :) Learn more about Girls on the Run at www.gotreauclaire.org|
|GOTR walking with the Business Community Downtown Wellness Walk... sponsored by The Aging & Disability Resource Center of Eau Claire County, Associated Bank, Group Health Cooperative of Eau Claire, HSHS Sacred Heart Hospital, Marshfield Clinic - Eau Claire Center, and Mayo Clinic Health System. Time: Walk hours are tomorrow, 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. You may start and end anytime within that period that fits your schedule. (In the event of unfavorable weather, rain date is July 29. If it’s questionable, we’ll decide by 9:30 and send an e-mail.) Plan your route:Check in at the Chamber office, but start at any point: All three routes converge at the Walk HQ, in the grassy area at the northeast corner of the Chamber Building. You'll receive a commemorative 2015 Wellness Walk button when you check in. There will also be sponsor displays and giveaways, printed copies of the Route Map, water available, and the list of door prize winners. Hope to see you there!|
|New Site Sign up still happening! Look on our website for details! www.gotreauclaire.org!|
GOTR in the News
- Aug 24, 2015
- GOTR Chippewa Valley appearance on 'Daybreak'. (WQOW-18) Read more...
- Apr 1, 2015
- GOTR Article: "Fleet Female Feet" (Volume One Magazine) Read more...
- Mar 12, 2015
- GOTR Two-Part Interview with Judy Clark on Community Calendar (WEAU TV-13) Read more...
- Jan 9, 2015
- GOTR Interview with Heidi (WQOW TV-18)
- Jan 8, 2015
- GOTR Interview on Mom's Everyday, 6:58AM (WEAU TV-13)
- Jan 1, 2015
- Article: "Running Toward Empowerment - How Looking Back Moves Them Ahead" (Queen of the Castle Magazine) Read more...
- Dec 27, 2014
- GOTR in the Eau Claire Leader Telegram (EC Leader Telegram) Read more...
- Feb 10, 2014
- Girls on the Run hosts Health Night! (WEAU News) Read more...
- Feb 4, 2014
- Today Interview: Girls on the Run (WEAU News) Read more...
- Feb 1, 2014
- Article: "Local Group Gives Girls a Running Start" (Queen of the Castle) Read more...
- May 22, 2013
- Mind Over Body (WEAU News) Read more...
- Mar 23, 2012
- After-school Running Program Teaches Girls Self Respect. (WQOW News) Read more...
- Jun 28, 2011
- Girls on the Run featured on NBC's "Making A Difference" series! Sonali Rajan, a Girls on the Run coach for Girls on the Run of Manhattan, was featured along with her team of GOTR girls on the NBC Nightly News series "Making a Difference!" (NBC News) Read more...
- Apr 26, 2011
- Running program builds girls' confidence and self respect (WEAU News) Read more...