If The Shoe Fits...Run Night!
Thank you Scheels and the Eau Claire Marathon for an AMAZING night!
Girls on the Run 5K
Girls on the Run 5K
- Carson Park
- May 12, 2018
Girls on the Run of the Chippewa Valley
Girls on the Run is a transformational physical activity based positive youth development program for girls in 3rd-5th grade. We teach life skills through dynamic interactive lessons and running games. The program culminates with the girls being physically and emotionally prepared to complete a celebratory 5k running event. The goal of the program is to unleash confidence through accomplishment while establishing a lifetime appreciation of health and fitness.
We use the power of running to provide girls with the tools to:
- Recognize our power and responsibility to be intentional in our decision making
- Embrace our differences and find strength in our connectedness
- Express joy, optimism and gratitude through our words, thoughts and actions
- Nurture our physical, emotional and spiritual health
- Lead with an open heart and assume positive intent
- Stand up for ourselves and others
We use exercise, positive reinforcement, and encouraging role models to help girls discover the confidence they need in those critical pre-teen years and beyond. Through interactive activities such as running, playing games, and discussing important issues, participants learn how to celebrate being their unique and real selves. Our hope is that every girl believes and can say, "I belong just the way I am."
Learn More About GOTR
GOTR in the News
- Jan 1, 2017
- Article: "Building Confidence and Relationships" (Queen of the Castle Magazine) Read more...
- Jun 1, 2016
- Photos of the 2016 Girls on the Run 5K are featured in the On the Scene section of 5ive for Women magazine! (5ive For Women Magazine) Read more...
- May 19, 2016
- Nearly 900 people attend 10th annual Girls on the Run event. (WEAU News) Read more...
- May 12, 2016
- Council Director, Kim Gillett of Girls on the Run of the Chippewa Valley joined Hello Wisconsin to talk about an upcoming 5K. (WEAU Hello Wisconsin) Read more...
- Jan 7, 2016
- Kim Gillett and Teri-Gene Conlin in Mom's Everyday interview. (Mom's Everyday) Read more...
- Jan 7, 2016
- Listen to Kim Gillett's interview on Wisconsin Public Radio's, Spectrum West with Alan Ross.
- Sep 17, 2015
- Girls on the Run (GOTR), which has operated in Eau Claire County since 2006, has expanded to include Chippewa County (Chippewa Valley Post) Read more...
- Aug 24, 2015
- GOTR Chippewa Valley appearance on 'Daybreak'. (WQOW-18) Read more...
- Apr 1, 2015
- GOTR Article: "Fleet Female Feet" (Volume One Magazine) Read more...
- Mar 13, 2015
- If the Shoe Fits... Run! Night (WEAU News) Read more...
- Mar 12, 2015
- GOTR Two-Part Interview with Judy Clark on Community Calendar (WEAU TV-13) Read more...
- Jan 9, 2015
- GOTR Interview with Heidi (WQOW TV-18)
- Jan 8, 2015
- GOTR Interview on Mom's Everyday, 6:58AM (WEAU TV-13)
- Jan 1, 2015
- Article: "Running Toward Empowerment - How Looking Back Moves Them Ahead" (Queen of the Castle Magazine) Read more...
- Dec 27, 2014
- GOTR in the Eau Claire Leader Telegram (EC Leader Telegram) Read more...
- Feb 10, 2014
- Girls on the Run hosts Health Night! (WEAU News) Read more...
- Feb 4, 2014
- Today Interview: Girls on the Run (WEAU News) Read more...
- Feb 1, 2014
- Article: "Local Group Gives Girls a Running Start" (Queen of the Castle) Read more...
- May 22, 2013
- Mind Over Body (WEAU News) Read more...
- Mar 23, 2012
- After-school Running Program Teaches Girls Self Respect. (WQOW News) Read more...
- Jun 28, 2011
- Girls on the Run featured on NBC's "Making A Difference" series! Sonali Rajan, a Girls on the Run coach for Girls on the Run of Manhattan, was featured along with her team of GOTR girls on the NBC Nightly News series "Making a Difference!" (NBC News) Read more...
- Apr 26, 2011
- Running program builds girls' confidence and self respect (WEAU News) Read more...