Girls on the Run of Eau Claire County is proud and excited to announce that we are expanding into Chippewa County. To fit the growth of this chapter, we will be changing our name as well to Girls on the Run of the Chippewa Valley. As the GOTR vision states "We envision a world where every girl knows and activates her limitless potential and is free to boldly pursue her dreams." We will be able to further accomplish this vision through the extension, and we look forward to reaching, serving, and empowering more girls in both Eau Claire and Chippewa County.
Girls on the Run of the Chippewa Valley
Girls on the Run is a transformational physical activity based positive youth development program for girls in 3rd-5th grade. We teach life skills through dynamic interactive lessons and running games. The program culminates with the girls being physically and emotionally prepared to complete a celebratory 5k running event. The goal of the program is to unleash confidence through accomplishment while establishing a lifetime appreciation of health and fitness.
We use the power of running to provide girls with the tools to:
- Recognize our power and responsibility to be intentional in our decision making
- Embrace our differences and find strength in our connectedness
- Express joy, optimism and gratitude through our words, thoughts and actions
- Nurture our physical, emotional and spiritual health
- Lead with an open heart and assume positive intent
- Stand up for ourselves and others
We use exercise, positive reinforcement, and encouraging role models to help girls discover the confidence they need in those critical pre-teen years and beyond. Through interactive activities such as running, playing games, and discussing important issues, participants learn how to celebrate being their unique and real selves. Our hope is that every girl believes and can say, "I belong just the way I am."
Learn More About GOTR
How You Can Help Support GOTR of the Chippewa Valley
Girls on the Run of the Chippewa Valley, Inc., is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization. Your contribution is tax deductible to the extent allowable by federal law, and will help us provide our program to every girl, regardless of income.
- By Your Donations
- Make a tax-deductible donation online today!
- By Shopping Online
- Running is a powerful tool, one that we use to help young girls learn life skills. Shopping is another powerful tool, one that thanks to Goodshop.com you can use to raise money for our organization just by shopping for your favorite items online! You will have access to thousands of coupons and promotions, all while Goodshop donates to Girls on the Run up to 20% of what you spend. Buy anything you want, including custom phone cases from Vistaprint, maternity clothing from Old Navy and outdoor furniture from Pottery Barn. The moment yousign up and choose Girls on the Run of the Chippewa Valley as your cause, you will enjoy shopping, saving, and giving, so start today! Learn more about Goodshop...
Amazon will donate 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to Girls On The Run of the Chippewa Valley whenever you shop on AmazonSmile.
- By Searching the Web
- GoodSearch will donate money to Girls On The Run of the Chippewa Valley every time you search the internet! Learn more about GoodSearch...
- By Joining SoleMates
- Join SoleMates, the adult charity running program of Girls on the Run! Joining SoleMates is a great way for you to make a difference for Girls on the Run of the Chippewa Valley. You can walk, run, or bike in any event of your choice and raise funds for our organization. With your support, the message of health and wellness that Girls on the Run brings will continue to spread and grow. Learn more about SoleMates...
From Our Facebook Page
|Thanksgiving is this Thursday, and we here at Girls on the Run of the Chippewa Valley have a lot to be thankful for! Thanks to your efforts and support, here are just a few things we have accomplished this year: Celebrated serving over 1,200 girls in western Wisconsin to date! Expanded from Eau Claire County to also include Chippewa County! Getting excited to train 80 + volunteer coaches for the 2016 Spring Season! Expanded the program to 18 teams, and potentially 400 girls this year. Touched the lives of numerous girls, volunteer coaches and countless families and friends!|
|Go to www.gotrchippewavalley.org and make a difference on Giving Tuesday! #GiveGOTR|
|Coaches all have different reasons for being part of GOTR.... read on... http://www.girlsontherun.org/remarkable/175/Why-I-Own-a-Tutu-and-Tie-Dye-My-Own-Socks|
|What you give, helps one more girl in our area, to reach her limitless potential!|
|Girls on the Run- Gearing up for our 2016 Spring Season! Lottery Registration begins January 25th! (scholarship application is open Jan. 18th) Take a look at www.gotrchippewavalley.org for more information!|
|81 Days to REGISTRATION for GOTR of the Chippewa Valley 2016 Season of GIRLS ON THE RUN! 190 Days until MOLLY BARKER - GOTR founder comes to Eau Claire for our Sneaker Soiree and GOTR 5K Presented by Gordy's 1 day to make a difference in a girls life... Sign her up for GOTR! Empowering Girls for 10 years in the Chippewa Valley! Mark you Calendar!|
|Love Kwik Trip and Girls on the Run? Did you know... you can give back to your favorite charity with your Kwik Trip debit card. In lieu of redeeming your Kwik trip Rewards, you can designate Girls on the Run to receive your quarterly rebate. In addition, Kwik Trip will donate and additional 5%! We are looking for 4 more individuals to help us by signing designating us as your charity! Let me know if you can help Girls on the Run!|
|GOTR is working on setting up coaches for our 2016 Season! Super excited to have such great volunteers!! For more information go to www.gotrchippewavalley.org|
|Girls on the Run of the Chippewa Valley added 2 new photos.|
We are getting excited to celebrate our 10 years of being in the Chippewa Valley! Keeping girls moving and growing positive thoughts! Plug in your Positive Chord!
|Thank you Eau Claire Morning Rotary! http://www.morningrotary.org/ Girls on the Run appreciates your support of our new Program Director, by purchasing a new printer for her! And soon to be office furniture!|
|GOTR would like to welcome our NEW Program Director Karen Konz! Karen will be handling Program Development for GOTR here in the Chippewa Valley. She is eager to see the curriculum in action, and loves the positive/productive vibe it has. For more info about Karen, Please see check out our website...gotrchippewavalley.org. Welcome Karen to the GOTR family!|
|Sometimes a smile says it all! We use the power of running to provide girls with the tools to: * Express joy, optimism and gratitude through our words, thoughts and actions * Lead with an open heart and assume positive intent Keep on Smiling!|
|Girls on the Run of the Chippewa Valley added 2 new photos — at Charter Bank Eau Claire.|
GOTR of the Chippewa Valley... is going Up, Up and Away to say thank you to Charter Bank! For their continued program support of Girl on the Run of the Chippewa Valley. Thank you Charter Bank!
|Whether you’re training for a triathlon, your tenth marathon or your first 5k, dedicate your effort to Girls on the Run by becoming a #SoleMate! Having your friends and family support your training with a donation will provide the extra motivation you need to keep working towards your goal! Sign up to be a Girls on the Run SoleMate: http://www.gotrchippewavalley.org/|
|Check Girls on the Run out on Chippewa Valley Post! http://cvpost.org/girls-on-the-run-site-applications-due-by-sept-21-as-part-of-expansion-to-include-chippewa-county/|
|Team TARGET! Day of Giving was amazing! Thank you for your help with building our Curriculum! Lots of stickers, cutting, sorting and more! GOTR thanks YOU!|
|Girls on the Run of the Chippewa Valley added 7 new photos.|
Thank you so much WIPFLi for the great Day of Caring! Rocking the Tutu's! You ROCK!! Made over 50 of them!
|Met some AMAZING college students today at the UWEC Volunteer Fair! Looking for volunteers and coaches! Thank you UWEC! Shout out to Benita Wagner at Service Learning for such a great event!|
|GOTR at UWEC today for Community Action Fair! Connecting with great VOLUNTEERS!! See you there!|
|Look for GOTR in this weeks Gordy's add! Adding sites until Sept. 21st! Get your application in if you would like GOTR in your area! Thank you Gordy's for being our 2016 5K Presenting Sponsor! Super excited for May 14th - GOTR 5K!|
|GROUPON + GOTR = Support for local GOTR Groupon Wellness Week to Benefit Girls on the Run We are excited to announce that Girls on the Run will be the beneficiary of Groupon’s Wellness Week from August 27 – September 2. Groupon will donate $0.25 from every Wellness Week offer purchased, up to $25,000. Groupon will provide HQ with a list of offers and purchases by zip code, and councils will receive half the funds raised in their area|
GOTR in the News
- Sep 17, 2015
- Girls on the Run (GOTR), which has operated in Eau Claire County since 2006, has expanded to include Chippewa County (Chippewa Valley Post) Read more...
- Aug 24, 2015
- GOTR Chippewa Valley appearance on 'Daybreak'. (WQOW-18) Read more...
- Apr 1, 2015
- GOTR Article: "Fleet Female Feet" (Volume One Magazine) Read more...
- Mar 13, 2015
- If the Shoe Fits... Run! Night (WEAU News) Read more...
- Mar 12, 2015
- GOTR Two-Part Interview with Judy Clark on Community Calendar (WEAU TV-13) Read more...
- Jan 9, 2015
- GOTR Interview with Heidi (WQOW TV-18)
- Jan 8, 2015
- GOTR Interview on Mom's Everyday, 6:58AM (WEAU TV-13)
- Jan 1, 2015
- Article: "Running Toward Empowerment - How Looking Back Moves Them Ahead" (Queen of the Castle Magazine) Read more...
- Dec 27, 2014
- GOTR in the Eau Claire Leader Telegram (EC Leader Telegram) Read more...
- Feb 10, 2014
- Girls on the Run hosts Health Night! (WEAU News) Read more...
- Feb 4, 2014
- Today Interview: Girls on the Run (WEAU News) Read more...
- Feb 1, 2014
- Article: "Local Group Gives Girls a Running Start" (Queen of the Castle) Read more...
- May 22, 2013
- Mind Over Body (WEAU News) Read more...
- Mar 23, 2012
- After-school Running Program Teaches Girls Self Respect. (WQOW News) Read more...
- Jun 28, 2011
- Girls on the Run featured on NBC's "Making A Difference" series! Sonali Rajan, a Girls on the Run coach for Girls on the Run of Manhattan, was featured along with her team of GOTR girls on the NBC Nightly News series "Making a Difference!" (NBC News) Read more...
- Apr 26, 2011
- Running program builds girls' confidence and self respect (WEAU News) Read more...